Saturday, July 9, 2011

Festival of Arts Open Day.

Open Day.
It was another long working day today, from nine am to three p.m and eleven prints as the result. I am very happy with it and I was situated in the old Town Hall as part of Mackay' s Festival of Arts Open Day. This is a week long festival with various events around town and the group of print makers I belong to, Printbank Mackay Inc. have the use of the hall . This presented me with the opportunity to indulge myself in printing for the day and arrived home tired but happy.
The few visitors who came to have a look were positive with their thoughts and pleased to chat about techniques etc.
Finally time to sit and have a cuppa which gave me the chance to appreciate a whole array of prints on the walls and in folios . As a print maker I don't normally view my works as a collected arrangement and it gives me a different appreciation of my own abilities.
This was the first time I have participated in an event where the general public can watch an artist at work.




No comments:

Post a Comment