Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Two previous experiments combined.

On April the 6th I posted" My Umbrella entry" and on May 20th I posted "A short experiment" with the idea of using the results at a later date. I liked the colours printed on the reverse of the woodblock and as  I had the Umbrella lino plate handy I printed it out to use up the yellow ink, no wasting here.
The frame is a recycled one of mine so had a new matt board cut this morning.

The mattboard is more of an olive green colour not so brown as it looks here. The centre print is floated and I like the two different textures.


Thursday, June 14, 2012

Woodblock reduction:-post Jill O'Sullivan workshop.

Finally I spent the best part of yesterday cutting away probably over half of the image which I had previously used in the woodblock workshop.
Registration was my biggest concern, as it is with a lot of us I think, and out of the four prints I had run off at home by hand  I have decided there is one reasonable print.

The one "good" one. 

and one of the "others".