Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Marbling Fun

I'd had the kit ordered and stored at home for quite a while, always on the back burner type of situation. So last weekend I organised myself to have a play. I would be showing my age re measuring out and converting it all and ended up with twice the amount of liquid! Anyhow it wasn't wasted as it was very handy to have a second helping after the first run.Here are the results.

This was the experimental piece.




The red is very dominate even using only small amounts of the ink, but I like the other colours peeping through.

I would love to be able to do the beautiful feathered style of marks that we see in bookends of the classics. I must allow my abstract side show somewhere though musn't I ?



A bit more colour and the red not so dominate. Now to make some books,collagraphs to use these specimens.




2 comments:

  1. Oh lovely! This looks such fun! Was it hard? (No, no, resist, Amanda, reeeee-sist!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think it's time I did some more marbling, too.

    ReplyDelete