I cleaned or recut each plate and chose an old drawing board to recycle as this was partly the idea, to make use of materials just lying around.
This was my test piece.Another old lino plate glued to a board with liquid nails after the "new" plate was inked and dry.
Being rather pleased with the results I went ahead with the larger piece.
The handmade stencil.
Inking one of the stencils.
Layout for the larger piece pre inking,stenciling and gluing to the board.
I tried various layouts for each plate but always came back to this one.So now I have a recycled artwork I can enjoy for years to come which doubles as decoration. Four of the prints from these plates have been exhibited in a group situation and one other was a home exercise and the leaf design was taken from woodblock workshop, yes, Jill O'Sullivans I attended earlier this year and I extended the design to one lino with a change of direction for the leaves.
Now it's time ot move onto my next project which is a collobration with the printmaking group I am a member of.