These are for the Printmaking Sisters Group based in Sydney.
Applying the reduction method
Because I didn't previously cut the dots out of the first plate I cut another plate and printed a run of black and white, just because I liked the image.
After printing the red colour I proceeded to print the yellow and I knew it would change the leaf colours and that is what I like about reduction.
While the dots picked up the green ink which turned the leaf a lovely chocolate colour I did a run of black for the dots as the final colour.
I was having such a good run and working with my own system I just kept printing and at the end of the day put aside to dry.
My makeshift drying rack sitting on a trolley which holds my papers and I stacked old drawing boards on top of paint tins and solved the problem as my studio isn't large.
Next day I had to reduce the lino again so went ahead with that and cut the background away but when I wanted to print the final colour I thought I was short in how many I had done. Of course found them and realised I would have to just keep going and printed these minus the yellow background.
It was rather pleasing to see how images can change due to errors and I much prefer the chocolate ones, who wouldn't !!
So whoever receives my set of prints I really do hope they make you happy.
For the leftover prints from this project and past ones I have an idea brewing to make use of them, more on that in the future.