Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Inbetween Carving and Printing.

Besides my two previously mentioned projects I am still finding time to continue on with the art deco/art nouveau colouring but sometimes the days aren't long enough as I still need to exercise, otherwise I get cranky. I can't imagine being bored by not having something to do.
Below are my latest ones just updated to computer.
I really enjoy using mixed mediums and have done one with pastel pencils in the centre image with soft colour pencils on the outer image/border.


1920's ART DECO DOOR..

ART NOUVEAU,BRUSSELS,VICTOR HORTA'S WIFE (top)ALFONS MUCHA'S WIFE (below)


CHANING BUILDING, NEW YORK.
Pastel pencils in the centre with soft pencil on the border. It has been sprayed with a fixative to prevent smudging.
This image wasn't one I favoured, it became a challenge  and now quite like it. Some time it's easier to "see" the pattern once colour has been applied.

SCRIBNER'S MAGAZINE COVER,1897 by MAXFIELD PARRISH.

ALFONS MUCHA,CZECH.1860-1939.
One of my favourites.
The book is nowhere being finished as some designs don't attracts me at first so I treat them as challenges and spend some time considering colour choices and materials. There is always the question of balance too in regards of how much white background to leave and where to place the dominate colour, palette and tonal values.
Some pages have twin images so I take the chance to either paint as one or use complimentary colours even change the colouring of a background in one and leaving white in it's twin.
ART DECO JEWEL.
This is the twin or mirror image while below is same colours but in different positions. There is so much one can do with one image.

TIFFANY.

In the back of the book a page has details of the images such as a building somewhere in the world and also includes details of the creator of a piece of jewellery, a fence gate or just a mosaic design from a floor, wall or tiles.

AR DECO MOTIF.
And some are only motifs but always nice to work on.

I had these two in a previous post and CHARLES RENNIE MACKINTOSH is a favourite.

DIAMOND and PEARL NECKLACE by RUSSIAN ARTIST  ROMAN PETROVICH TYRTOV,ERTE.
I imagine only the very centre piece would be the actual necklace.








No comments:

Post a Comment