Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Printing a ghost print using a stencil.

Here I am again after a long break away and I have been experimenting with stencils for a current project. I cut the image to create the stencil, inked it up in position and removed the stencil and placed a "frame " around the stencilled image to protect the good paper and placed it on and gently hand pulled the print. Depends on how much ink you use on the first image as to how good the
result of the ghost print is.
Naturally as all printmakers know lettering must be in reverse pre printing, I've made this error before!


Original stencilled image.
 
For this demonstration I simple folded the paper over.
 
 
To protect the good paper I made a "frame " and placed it in position then printed it as per normal.
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment